You perhaps could have seen email signatures in the letters, received from other users. It may be a pretty useful function, whereas it can serve as: an advertisement, as a call for action, or even a simple decoration of your letters. Besides, no matter whether you have a small business or you are working in a large corporation, setting up a Gmail signature may noticeably increase the brand awareness of your company. After all, it is not that difficult to create a Gmail signature at all. The simple step-by-step guide, provided below, offers a great explanation regarding this matter.
You are able to create an appealing signature by going to Settings > General Settings and scrolling down until you will find “Signature”
Step 1. Open the browser and go to Google then (http://google.com/).
Step 2. Click on the Google Apps button, scroll down and find the icon of Gmail. Give it a click.
Step 3. When you have already logged in to your account, find the icon of settings that looks like a cogwheel in the right-upper part of the page. Click on it.
Step 4. Select “Settings” in the pop-up menu that opened up in front of you.
Step 5. Then, the page of the general settings will be opened. You need to scroll down quite a bit until you will see the “Signature” line. There is also a remark that says that the signature is “appended at the end of all outgoing messages”. Now, you can see that a tick is located near “No signature.” Start writing in the window, located right beneath that line, and you will see how the tick will be moved.
Step 6. Once you have finished and created a signature, scroll down up to the bottom of the general settings page and click on the “Save Changes” button. Now, all your outgoing emails feature a Gmail signature.
Also, you can add the signature before the quoted text by placing a tick near the corresponding line, located right below the window (“Insert this signature before…”).
In addition, you are able to take advantage of the following features in the window (listed one by one):
- Font. You can choose among 11 offered fonts, and by default there is chosen the “Sans Serif” font.
- Size. You can specify the size of the text as “Small”, “Normal”, “Large”, and “Huge.”
- The text buttons, likewise to the Microsoft Word, allow you to make the text bold, italic or underlined.
- Here you can choose the color of the text and of the background.
- With the help of this button, you can insert a link into your signature (to your website, for instance).
- Insert Image. Here, you can insert a picture.
- Likewise to Microsoft, you can align your text to the left, to the right, or to the center.
- Numbered and Bulleted Lists. These buttons allow you to do lists right in your signature.
- Indent Less and Indent More. Adds or removes an indention.
- Allows you to make a quote in your signature.
- Remove Formatting. With the help of the last button, you can remove all the formatting you have previously used while creating the signature.
By the way, with the help of this page you can find out how to create Gmail filters.